New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam Marino, gunsmith/stockmaker?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone familiar with this man? Where is he from? Is he still alive?

I just bought a rifle by him. I was told he was from Texas but the seller didn't know where. Any further information would be appreciated.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There is one picture and a brief note on page 109 of Carmichael's Book Of The Rifle. He is described as a Texas stockmaker working in the classic style with some English influences. Sorry but that is all the info I have.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles:

Thanks for that tidbit anyway. I bought it from Thad Scott. I was going to link to it, but he's already pulled all the info and pics on it. Appears to be really nice wood on a pre-64 70 that, I'm sure, has been re-chambered to .300 Weatherby. I'm looking forward to getting it, should be by the end of this week.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I can check some other books that are at home to see if I have anything else but am not sure I will find more information.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT in case some one drops in who might have missed it. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxx