Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need Somebody to Wind a Recoil Spring
 Login/Join

posted
Do any forum members wind springs or know a gunsmith that does?

I need some reduced load recoil springs for my Automag .30 carbine pistol. The preliminary specifications are:
.043" diameter music wire (and .041")
.385" OD
6 turns per inch
5.1" long

I also need one for the clip wound from .029" wire (luckily it is a coil spring and not a rectangular one).

I have the wire, and a hand wire feeding/spacing tool to be used with a lathe that I bought on eBay. I will also make some drawings of the springs.

Menlo Park, CA

Posts: 6 | Location: Menlo Park, CA | Registered: 12 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownells sells coil springs in just about every weight and size you can think of. You might try them first.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might get the contact number for Wolfe Springs while at Brownells, I understand they can wind any spring you need...

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolf Gun Springs web sight is,
www.gunsprings.com
They have AMT listed.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Autimag30:

I use Southern Spring and stamping to make springs for me all the time. The contact person and address is as follows:

Jeff Artz, Plant Manager
Southern Sring and Stamping
2089 U.S. 220 North
Stokesdale, NC 27357
Telephone (336) 548-3520
Fax (336) 548-3522
e-mail artzjeff@aol.com

They are very reasonable and provide quick turn arround. He had me 1000 sear springs to my spec in 4 days.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote