New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieger Barrels change hands?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I heard receintly that the Krieger Barrels has changed hands and is now under new ownership...?

Has anyone heard the same and if so who are the new owners? I certainly hope the quality for which Krieger is known stays right where it's at......

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been emailing them for ages about a barrel I have ordered and sent deposit for in June/July. I havent heard anything back yet. I hope it is still going ahead.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I've also heard that Kreiger barrels have not been as consistently accurate as before.

If there is indeed new ownership at Kreiger, the quality will either get better, get worse, or stay about the same. It's just too early to tell what'll happen.

Different barrel makes wax and wane over the course of time. Top riflesmiths will be very enthusiastic over a certain brand of barrel for a while, then they'll either find something they like better, or else the brand that they'd been having good results with suddenly isn't performing as well as as before, so they start looking for something else out of necessity.

In the world of barrels, nothing seems to stay the same. I remember twenty years ago MATCO (Shearer) and Paul Marquart barrels were really big with certain top riflemakers. Then MATCO went out of business and Paul Marquart became ill and passed away. Such cycles will continue...........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Krieger is not under new ownership. They have moved into a bigger facility with an underground testing tunnel, and have some new people, at least in the office, but Jack still owns the show. Be careful about the "I heard that ..." posts. Deal with the facts. I just bought another Krieger about a month ago and it is as accurate as the other 3 I have. I work about 3 miles from them, and also have some close contacts with them, so if anyone has the facts, it is probably me.

Fast Ed

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm having a 7mm-08 barrel stuck on an action for me, by Kreiger. With information I have gleaned here on AR I immediately gave Brain a call at Kreiger Barrels, Inc. He chuckled and replied when I told him of the "latest news". But, also reassured me "No, Kreiger had not changed hands." And that they were still making barrels the same way they had for the past 20 years. Question: Where do these rumors start?? I know hanging out in some of the local gun shops one can become really educated in lots of pure bull...t. This is another prime example. Good shooting all! Mike

Posts: 918 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote