THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Tips an beding Ruger M77 Safari Express .458 Lott

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tips an beding Ruger M77 Safari Express .458 Lott
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted
I was lookin at beding my new Ruger .458 Lott and kind of have an idea as how I should bed the rifle but thought I would get some insight as to how others have done it. It has contact points that my other rifles do not have. Mainly should I bed around the forward most lug on the barrel where the most fwd screw enters the fore stock?

Thanks and Semper Fi

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Not long ago, similar topic here and owner of this rifle was told by factory that warranty would be voided if bedding work was performed??
It does state in the manual if you are having accuracy problems, do not modify stock, bed, etc. the stock but rather return to factory. Believe problem with the other posting was fear of splitting of stock. I have one in 375HH and plan on getting one in 458 Lott and curious what others have done in the past or if there has been a problem or just worrying about having a problem??

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
My brother in Alaska has the same modle rifle in 416 Rigby He shot it 20 or so times and the stock slpit. He explained how he beded his and said it made a huge diffrence in acuracy. I was looking to see what others have done with thier Ruger Magnums.

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify my brother bed his .416 Rigby rifle after it split not prior to. The only place his action was making full contact was at the rear of the action against the grip area of the stock. That is why it split there. It was brand new. The recoil lug was free floted due to poor factory fit.