THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Modifications necessary to use Aguila Mini-Shells

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modifications necessary to use Aguila Mini-Shells
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have shot mini shells in single shot shotguns and they are great. I would like to know if any of ya'll have done the modifications necessary to make a pump action work correctly with these little shells? I sure could put a lot of these in a full length magazine! Mods to an auto-loader would be even better!!

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they feed right through my 1200 winchester 95% of the time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no mods needed for a remington 870

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Max,
Are you telling me they work 100% in a Remy 870? If so I gotta get an 870!! Which 870 though...there are many variations?

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They work fine in my old Stevens humpback, Mossberg 500 and Beretta Silver Pigeon.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear these are high pressure loads so they cycle autos, true?

I was wondering about using them in my 1930 English 2" 12ga. SxS but was advised against it.

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drewhenrytnt,
i just bought an old beat-up 870 that was a police trade in 1993. updated it with the new follower kit from remington. i've yet to have a problem with it with any shells. i haven't shot many of the shorties through it but it ran well with the ones i did.
max

Posts: 979 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote