Notify
Tools

Magasine feeding - Old Mannlicher
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted
Gentlemen,

for some pieces of advice I would be really grateful. Today I unstocked my Mannlicher-Sch�nauer, to fasten the barrel ring for the swing scope mount with some Loc-Tite. Having put all together, I left for the range.

At the range I got problems with the feeding. The cartridge didn�t chamber, because the magasine follower stuck. When I disengaged the magasine, the follower worked well, but in the rifle it still stuck.

Please give me some pieces of advice to solve this!

Best regards,

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What model M-S do you have?

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
What model M-S do you have?

1950 NO, 8x60S.

Fritz

one of us
posted Hide Post
I cannot figure out what the problem is. I tried to jam two different 1950's and couldn't duplicate your problem.

Did your rifle work fine before you disassembled it? Did you take apart the magazine rotor?

Your magazine should have a bracket that surrounds the cartridges at the neck, keeping them against the rotor. Is yours still in place?

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
I cannot figure out what the problem is. I tried to jam two different 1950's and couldn't duplicate your problem.

Did your rifle work fine before you disassembled it? Did you take apart the magazine rotor?

Your magazine should have a bracket that surrounds the cartridges at the neck, keeping them against the rotor. Is yours still in place?

1. It did work excellent before I disassembled the rifle.

2. When it stuck after disassembling, I removed the magasine again and didn�t find anything wrong. The bracket is in place.

3. Having unstocked the rifle, I have put the magasine in place. In works until I put the bottom plate in locked position - which is remakably unwilling to go into place. The problem seems to be in the rear end of the rotor, which touches the back magasine holder, causing it not to rotate freely. (Hope you�ll understand - this isn�t quite easy to put into something that at least looks as english!)

Thanks for your helping! [Smile]

Fritz

[ 09-07-2003, 10:31: Message edited by: Fritz Kraut ]

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
I have solved the problem. It was a simple little scratch, which prevented the axis of the rotor from functioning.

Fritz

<eldeguello>
posted
Glad you got it working, Herr Kraut! The M/S magazines are just about the best there is when they are working correctly, but when out of whack, often cause a real pain! [Smile]