New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acra-Bond Laminated Stocks
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Anyone on this forum have a stock done by Acra-Bond Laminated Stocks out of Kallispel,Mt. The owner is Mel Smart. I'm considering having him do a stock up for me, but don't know anyone who has used his services. www.acrabondlaminates.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out John Barsness' article in the November 2002 issue of Rifle.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<shooter 42>
posted
over ten years ago i contacted him about a turned stock for a long ation left handed sako that i had and wanted to build int a 375 imp. he supplied the stock and i bedded it and finished it. i hauled it around kodiak and several other places. it finished nicely, has remained stable and strong,just done what a stock is supposed to do. he is also a nice pleasant guy to deal with.

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Mel is top notch and so are his stocks. In my opinion, for a stock that has to look good and be functional, there's none better.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Thanks for your responses-just what I was looking for. I'm looking to have one done for my Winchester Model 70 Stainless in 375 Ackley Improved. I think this should be just the ticket. I'll let Mel to all the finishing, as tools and I just don't get along too well. [Big Grin]