THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What stripper clips fit a Winchester Model 54?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got a Winchester Model 54 in 30-06 that I just fitted a receiver sight to; I'd like to use stripper clips with the gun, which, if any, will fit?

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does your Model 54 already have the cuts for strippers in the receiver? (I'm not very familiar with the Win. 54). If so it will probably use 03 Springfield strippers.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Model 54 I have has the clip slot. I don't know if later versions phased it out or not. I know the early Model 70s had clip slots.

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing, try a Springfield.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Standard stripper clips for the Springfield '03 or the Mauser 98 will work.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
Standard stripper clips for the Springfield '03 or the Mauser 98 will work.

Masterifleman, are the '03 strippers and the '98 strippers "interchangable"? ie. '03 strippers will work in the '98 and visa versa?!!!

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have used 1909 Argentine strippers with a Model 70 NM and the that rifle will use the Springfield strippers too.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote