New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser R84
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
During Mar and April of 2004, there were many posts on the Blaser R93 failures. I do not own a R93 but do own the older R84. Any opinions, comments or experience with the R84 that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GEOFF, I RECENTLY WENT OVER A 84 MY BROTHER IN LAW PURCHASED USED. IT WAS CASED WITH TWO BARRELS 7MM MAG AND 338 WIN MAG. AFTER MOUNTING
A 3 X 9 ZIESS, THE RIFLE WOULD SHOOT FACTORY
REMINGTON AMMO INTO TIGHT LITTLE GROUPS.THE MUZZLE BRAKE ALSO WORKED WELL. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY OF METAL WORK AND THE REPEATABLE ZERO WHEN TAKEN DOWN AND REASSEMBLED.

You can tell you're old when it takes all night long to do what you used to do all night.

Posts: 32 | Location: lancaster,pa | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Action,

Thanks for the input. My R84 is in 375 H&H and 7mm Rem. Mag. To be candid, it is unfired. It was purchased for some future trip to Africa that has not come about. I have 5 other 375's and the same number of 7 mags that are used for single species hunts.

I have not heard anything negative on the R84. I am considering changing it's unfired status and just wanted to be mentally comfortable.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote