Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 7 and HS Precision stock
 Login/Join

posted
Guys I have a model 7 in 7-08 that gives me about a 2" group at 100 yards. I have order a HS Precision stock for it. If that dosnt help I guess it will be time for a good barrel. Question is: With the light factory barrel will I need a pressure point at the fore end? And if I have to replace the barrel, which would be the one to get.

Thanks.
Jerry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry:

I have several Remington Model 7s. One was a first generation .243. It would not shoot better than 2-2.5" groups at 100 yards. I tried new glass, mounts, and stock. Two years ago I pulled the factory barrel off and replaced it with a 20", Broughton 1:8, 5C, light weight profile. I trued the action, lapped the lugs, and replaced the recoil lug with a precision ground lug. I put it in a Remington/Tupperware stock that was pillar bedded, and had the lug glassed in. It is topped with a Leupold 3 X 9 on Leupold bases.
It now is shooting sub .5 groups with 90 grain Sciroccos shooting 3212fps.

Rustystud

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Longshot,
Do you have anyone that you could recommend for the barrel work? Sounds like that probably will be what it takes
Jerry