New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand 416 Action?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm planning to replace my CZ 550 with a left handed 416. Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer of left handed actions? I've already looked at Dakota and they remain a possibility, though at $1995 for the action they are a bit more expensive than I had planned.
Cheers
Ed

Posts: 93 | Location: Hants. UK | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Winchester Model 70, if you want CRF (the Montana Rifleman actions are starting to trickle out now, too); Remington 700, Sako AV FinnBear (there might still be some on the used gun racks), Weatherby Mark V, or a Dumoulin, Mathieu, or Brevex, if you can find one.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Two left-handed actions I have that will accept some .416 cartridges are the Winchester model 70 and the Montana 1999. Just last week I handled a Winchester that was converted to .416 Rigby; I have one of these in .375 H&H and probably will leave it alone. I know .416 Remington will fit on the Montana, but mines going to be a .404 Jeffery Nitro Express.

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote