Find
Notify
Tools

700 ADL vs 700 BDL differences?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted
What is the difference in a 700 ADL action and a 700 BDL action (if there is one) I realize the ADL is the "lower end version" and I also realize both are going away in lieu of the SPS and CDL but the reason I am asking is I bought and ADL brand new for very cheap and want to buy a Richards Microfit (I have used them before and they work fine for what I want) and they list a different stock for ADL and BDL so I am wondering what mods would need to be made if I bought a stock set up for BDL?
Thanks!

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The receivers are dimensionally and mechanically identical, only the feeding mechanisims are different.

To convert an ADL to a BDL you need a trigger guard, mag box and spring.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ADL = blind mag, ie., no floorplate

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by several folks that the ADL setup is more stiff, and helps out accuracy a little. Some don't like the looks, but they hunt.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
I have been told by several folks that the ADL setup is more stiff, and helps out accuracy a little. Some don't like the looks, but they hunt.

Solid bottomed, single shot, Remington actions like some of the 40X’s are stiffer than the open bottomed 700’s, but there is no difference in stiffness between a 700 ADL and a 700 BDL that would have any effect whatsoever on accuracy potential since the receivers are identical.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
The receivers are dimensionally and mechanically identical, only the feeding mechanisims are different.

And a third guard screw, and a tab screw to attach the ADL box to the receiver...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9.3x62:
quote:

And a third guard screw, and a tab screw to attach the ADL box to the receiver...

You have it backwards pardner!

<9.3x62>
posted
Yes, I was thinking BDL to ADL. Read it too fast I guess... my bad Eeker

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses and info, it sounds like I can buy a stock for a BDL, purchase a few extra parts and move on!

Thank you!
IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is no difference in stiffness between a 700 ADL and a 700 BDL that would have any effect whatsoever on accuracy potential since the receivers are identical.

I was told that the solid bottom stock allows less stock flexing, which is supposed to help accuracy. Whether that is true or not, I don't really know for sure, but seems to make some sense.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:
there is no difference in stiffness between a 700 ADL and a 700 BDL that would have any effect whatsoever on accuracy potential since the receivers are identical.

I was told that the solid bottom stock allows less stock flexing, which is supposed to help accuracy. Whether that is true or not, I don't really know for sure, but seems to make some sense.

I’ve heard the same argument made in reverse stating that a full length steel triggerguard/floorplate makes a BDL stiffer, which also makes sense if you think about it. Whichever theory you subscribe to I doubt that any difference in the two could ever be noticed by most of us mortal human beings.