Are there any cures for this problem??
Thanks Sydney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bend the barrel

Posts: 134 | Location: west MN | Registered: 22 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it do it with all of the choke tubes? Have you patterned it or is it just your friend? Check the rib and make sure it is straight and true and parallel to bore. Outside chance barrel could have been reamed and threaded off axis for the choke tubes.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biobster's on the righ track..First, have a couple people shoot it to see if the issue is consistent.

If only the owner, poerhaps some stock fitting is the cure.

If two folks have the same pattern, start looking over the barrel...but I'd suspet some whpperjawed tubes.

I remember Bill Nittler changing POI by working on the forcing cones, overboring...etc, he was a wizard.

Posts: 3610 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
In 1970's, I think, the Grand American Trap shoot was at Rochester Brooks gun club. Art Goodwin told the story of Remington's factory shooter shot a few practice birds, walked over to his pickup where he had something mounted on his bumper into which he inserted the barrel of his 1100 and tweaked it a bit, went back and shot a few more and then did it again. I guess it's all in the guy doing the tweaking.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Going to pattern it again with 2 shooters
should give us a true picture
Thanks Sydney

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I've tweaked my shotguns POI by putting thin plastic shims where the buttstock matches up with the back of the receiver. I cut the shims from bleach and detergent bottles. But I dealt with 10% pattern shifts...not 100% off.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
If you point the shotgun with both eyes open at a target then your eyes are the rear sight and then yes stock shape, cast, bead height, correct use of master eye, etc., will all affect the centre of impact of the pattern.
If you aim the shotgun at a target, like a rifle using a centre bead or rear centre of the rib and the front bead, off eye closed, then this will give an indication if the barrels and or chokes are 'bore sighting'. If not then as others have mentioned it could be a barrel, choke or rib issue which will manifest itself no matter who does the shooting.

Posts: 3907 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi Going to pattern it again with 2 shooters
should give us a true picture
Thanks Sydney

Results?

Posts: 3610 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi I passed all the info to my friend
and he still has not patterned the
shotgun
I guess he s not too interested in
fixing the problem
Thanks for all the relies
Sydney