Find
Notify
Tools

lever actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of byf42
posted
hey y'all- is there a company that sells just the "lever action", like many companies do with "bolt actions"? instead of buying a whole rifle, can i buy just an action, like a 1895 lever action and build a rifle from that?

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
If there is anybody selling them I sure don't know of them. Most times you can buy a used 336 Marlin pretty cheap and just use the action for what you want. I have three of them, one each in .45-70, .38-55 and .30-30, all the "Cowboy" versions with octagon barrels and the relatively slim forearms. All shoot MOA with good loads and I really like them.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at News Paper for sale Missaleanous ! get a private old one and rebuild new !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
masterrifleman- sorry, should have specified a winchester 1895, not a marlin (already have one in 45/70!) thumb

concho- that's what i was thinking of doing, just using the action and everything else is new.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote