New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser 1985 help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 1895 that the safety well not engage(it's in the fire position) and the fireing pin well not hit the primer.

Does any body have any ideas.

How does one remove the fireing pin from the cocking price on these.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have you had it apart? Maybe you don't have the firing pin- shroud screwed all the way back in. That's the first thing I'd check.

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, to remove the cocking piece from the pin. First you unscrew the firing pin shroud assembly from the bolt. Then you put the point of the firing pin on a piece of wood (2x4). Then press the shroud down against the spring until the spring bottoms out. At this time you can rotate the cocking piece 90 degrees and remove it. Then release the spring pressure gently. After the shroud is off you can rotate the safety to full safe and remove it. Reassemble in reverse order. Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rifle came to me that way. I took it apart and put it back togather. The previous owner must not have put it to gather properly as it works find now.

thanks for the help

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote