Find
Notify
Tools

Poly Stock for 1917
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
HELP!!!
Am trying to locate a polymer stock to fit a sporterized 1917 enfield. Bell & Carlson has one listed but its strictly for a military style bottom metal. Mines been straightened. I have one on my 35 Whelen (1917 receiver) but it was on it when I got it and I cannot find any info on it.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably your best bet would be to call McMillan and ask them which of their stocks have the necessary “beef†for the Enfield action and then order it as a blank and have it inletted.

I don’t know of anyone producing a “drop in†synthetic stock for either and Enfield or the straight guard Remingtom 30’s.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OKI Choate made a run of stocks for the p-14 & P-17 rifles with a blind magazine. It had a built in trigger guard so you didn't use your bottom metal at all. Lightened up the rifle considerably. MPI also has a stock for the p-14/p-17. They are not a drop in stock however. I think Butler Creek also made one but I'm not sure if it was for a stock floorplate or a straightened one. Hope that helps.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butler Creek did not make a p-17 stock. Bell & Carlson did and it is for the issue floorplate not a straightened floorplate. MPI might be your best bet.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MPI makes a synthetic version of A-Square's "Coil Check" stock. Not for me, but...

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500grains; Thanks for the info. Right on the money, answers the question about where my 35 Whelen stock came from. Little more than I wanted to pay for the 06, guess I will get the walnut stock checkered. Also, just reinforces that I got a fair deal on the Whelen.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
Mpi makes 4 different 1917 stocks one is the a-square 3 are more slim and they will fit whatever you want.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote