New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple of FN Questions ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked upa beautifull rifle today. its an FN supream. A .270 Ser#22XXX 1st can you tell me when it was made ? It has a B&L Bulvar scope and ring set up the one with the windage and elevation adjustments in the basees. Prety cool, All are in excelent shape. I paid 625.00 for the rifle, I think the stock maybe refinished, but if so it was well done. Great checkering, too for a factory stock. I tried to put together a coupe rounds for it using brass that had been loaded and fired a few times in my Pac-nor barreled .model 70 .270. But they will not chamber, nor will the brass, resized or not. Would this concern you ? I probably will buy some factory ammo,(sort of against my religon)But`its probably what I will have to do to try out my new rifle. ...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice find.

Posts: 156 | Location: Brush Prairie, Washington | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
are you feeding out of the magazine, my supreme's extractor has not been modified to slip over the rim in the chamber but feeds really well from the magazine.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Sounds as though the FN just has a tighter chamber than the M70. Thats a good thing. Try using virgin brass.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some factory ammo.(I hate doing that) Any way it feeds great i also found a date stamp on the barrel...1952. I sure wish I new how to post a pic here I am real happy with the looks of this rifle, now to see how it shoots ! My pac nor barrel .270 has been a bit of a dissapointment and I have allways liked the round, if this one shoots the winchester will soon be sold or rebarreld to .257 Roberts...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom ga hunter:
are you feeding out of the magazine, my supreme's extractor has not been modified to slip over the rim in the chamber but feeds really well from the magazine.

Been there, done that with my first Mauser. Got to thre range and damn if I couldn't load them from the ramp.

Got home and was told they only feed from the magazine. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote