New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mounts on a Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Building a .257 Robts on a Mexican Mauser.....I really hate to drill the crest. What options are there, other than a side mount?

Posts: 41871 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holland's, FWIW, used sidemounts but, like most other British makers, stippled out the whatever crest was on the receiver.

Posts: 6818 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
A bit much. think is was 9.3 too

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've just dealt with this with a Kurz - my gunsmith made custom bases for Talley rings, with the front base being on a ring on the barrel reinforce (as Mr Wiebe suggests). The front ring was fabricated (from an existing talley ring) to fit the scope bell. I'm not at liberty to post the pictures but can email them if you are interested - PM me you email.

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Building a .257 Robts on a Mexican Mauser.....I really hate to drill the crest. What options are there, other than a side mount?

Not much really. Other than the side mount you could go with a scout rifle set up. Sometimes I cringe at drilling some of the old original recievers too. But I have pretty much came to the conclusion just do it or go with iron sights.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote