New
Find
Notify
Tools

who refinished old S&W revolvers ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
howdy , I have a old model 27 no dash , nickel , who refinishes old S&W revolvers ??
S&W says the sixgun it 10 months too old for them to refinish a revolver , whichcurrently in production , please post, many thanks, rob

Posts: 5539 | Location: new york | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ford`s Refinishing in Florida

one of us
posted Hide Post
Turnbull? You redoing it nickel or trying to do the original smith blue? I know someone with an old 27 blue that needs a refinish but they were told at one point nobody could duplicate that old smith finish

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Senator
posted Hide Post
I do not understand your statement. If your looking for refinish use Turnbull or Hamilton Bowen.
Senator

Life Member NRA
Life Member CA Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
DOJ Certified Handgun Instructor
Rocky Mt. Elk Foundation
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Posts: 535 | Location: Lincoln, CA 95648 | Registered: 19 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi guys , i have old model 27 , nickel , I would like to have the ole gal refinished to factory specs at the approx. $275 . only S&W told me the gun is 8 months too old for S&W to re finish
the gun ????,

seeking another source with losing the markings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robsrost:
hi guys , i have old model 27 , nickel , I would like to have the ole gal refinished to factory specs at the approx. $275 . only S&W told me the gun is 8 months too old for S&W to re finish
the gun ????,

seeking another source with losing the markings.

Did you happen to ask, or did they tell you why there was an age cutoff ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi S&W asked for the model & serial number , they then told me its was to old and they did not have anyone that would work on a model 27 , I reminded them the model 27 is still being made this really confused the issue , but they were of no help?
oddly I return a Colt .357 to colt for a repair a few yrs ago , never asked the age and did the repair and this gun was out of production ,
so much for S&W quality ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I contacted Turnbulls about 4-5 years ago requesting that all parts from a NIB Colt SAA, with the exception of the frame, screws, ejector rod and cylinder pin be nickle plated. He returned a quote of a MINIMUM of $2800. I would try Fords or Accurate Plating and Weaponry.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Ford's did a model 27 for me many years ago. It was a blue model and I prefer Nickel. The cost was reasonable, in the $250 range and it has held up perfectly and looks exactly like a factory job. If I remember right, the gun was refinished in 1982.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Accurate Plating & Weaponry in Newville, AL is highly regarded for refinishing hand guns. They are especially lauded for hard chrome. Look at their website and use it to email an inquiry. They do nickel plating.