New
Find
Notify
Tools

H-S Precision problems.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I read another post on this forum that complained of a H-S Precision rifle having the detachable mag fall out due to recoil.

What are your thoughts on the H-S Precision actions? What problems have you experienced with them? I like their stocks and could see myself purchasing one of their rifles someday but not until they get issues like the one above cleaned up.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine's OK. Part of a very accurate pistol - single shot! By design, that is.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Might need to call them and see if they have heard of such a problem. I have never personally seen one of there floor plates. But you could get a stiffer spring and put in there if it is a coil spring. If the spring is like a remington floor plate I don't know what to tell you. What caliber are you shooting?

Posts: 99 | Location: Blue Springs, MO | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I don't know about the H-S action per se, but
I dislike (loath!) detachable magazines on hunting rifles. For any of the hunting that I do, magazines that detach are a liability.

AD

<Celt>
posted
The HS DBM is the best out there.
I have built several rifles using them and had never had a problem, nor did the customers.
I have even put them on 300 RUMs with no problem.

If the mag is falling out, chances are the trigger guard assy. is not installed correctly.

If you just slap it in and screw it down, you may very well be torqueing it. If you torque it or bend it, it may very well malfunction.
I always bed them properly so there is no stress on them, as one should do with any bottom metal when bedding.
Celt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Celt,

Do they rattle like the Model 700 DM when empty? No big deal, just a pet-peeve kinda thing.

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Celt>
posted
No rattle at all.

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allen day:
For any of the hunting that I do, magazines that detach are a liability.

Damn straight!

I've got blind magazines on most of my rifles for this reason. If you've ever lost a magazine, um, "right in the middle of something"... well, it's just not a good situation.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote