New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finnbear scope mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just picked up a Finnbear in .375 H&H and am wondering about scope rings. I have Leupold QD on my other rifles and Leupold says they make a base but I noted that the receiver is not tapped for screws. Will that have to be done or will the Leupold fit into the grooves on the side of the receiver. If tapping is required, I think I'd rather go to another system, any suggestions? Thanks-Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Karl, Sako dual dovetails have seperate tapers, and Weaver made a base for them which will work with your QRW rings. If you are referring to the QD rings which Leupold also makes, then I would recomend the basic Leupold Sako rings which have fewer pieces. These are available in various heights and also in 30mm. Additionaly Bill Wiseman make a pair of dual dovetail bases which are quite strong as well. You pays your money and you take your chances...

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, also do you know if the pre-fit Pachmeyer De-Celerator pad for the Hunter 75 will fit the Finnbear? Thanks again-Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You would be better off to get a regular decelerator pad and have it ground to fit. Butt stock dimensions are not an exact science it seems. Every time I have tried to use a pre-fit decelerator I have had to take it back and have a regular pad ground.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Leupold and Millet rings for my Finnbear,bought the more expensive Sakos,try Wholesale or Russels.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote