New
Find
Notify
Tools

765 mauser barrel fit on M-48 action?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Would it be an easy fit to fit an 09 argentine mauser barrel on an M-48 Yugo action? I got a action and some brass for 765 and dies. I was just thinking of something to shoot around with. I just don't got the barrel yet.

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
A Yugo is a large ring action and should be the same thread pattern as an Argentine 1909. May not be a precise fit but it should work.

Just make sure the barrel isn't a sewer pipe so you aren't wasting your time with a worn out barrel.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Whoa!. the Yugos are intermediate actions and use a different amount of case head protrusion; the intermediates having the "safety breech".
So, whilst the threads might be the same, the barrels are not a drop in interchange.
Bottom line; it won't work unless you have a 7.65 reamer.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
alright thanks

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Pull the barrel from your M-48 and see if has an extractor cut. I believe that feature was discontinued after its predecessor the m-24/47.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
Pull the barrel from your M-48 and see if has an extractor cut. I believe that feature was discontinued after its predecessor the m-24/47.

No it wasn't.

DPCD is correct, unless you have a reamer, your chances of fitting the 7.65 barrel to the M48 are nil!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote