New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source of Heym Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am still sick------my sling swivel detached from my pet Heym SR 20N on thursda, said rifle fell off my shoulder and smacked onto th frozen ground. clean break on the tang of the riflestock and now its in 3 pieces. Any idea on a replacement stock for this unit?
I have always thought about this happenning to me, but this is sickening as its was a beautiful piece of wood.

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
I hate to be the bearer of absolutely terrible news. But I think your chance of finding a replacement wood stock is next to zilch. You're only viable solution for replacement is spending quite sometime on ebay,gunbroker, or auctionarms waiting for that replacement stock to come up for sale.

Until then you could install a McMillan Fiberglass Stock on this rifle.

Quote:

#937 MAUSER (Discountinued with-out checkering style) RH - HEYM SR-20 - FACTORY TG/FP - FACTORY BC - PRES PAD @ 13.5" LOP - 2-STUDS - PAINTED OLIVE $350.00

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks

-Mike

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Do you have all the pieces?

I would attempt cutting you a new stock from that, that is, I am offering to do that for you, you send the wood of your choice (middle grade bastogne would probably be best)

jeffe

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

That is about one of the nicest things I've seen from one member to another here on AR. BV, you really should take Jeff up on that offer, if you went the custom route you truely could have a rifle that was unique and to call your own!

-Mike

one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
In fact if you do decide to take Jeff up on his offer I would offer one of my claro blanks to it. Call it a gift from one member to another. It's a piece of Calfornia Claro Walnut. Nothing real special, but about the same grade of wood that I have seen on these rifles.

-Mike

Here is a Heym SR20N and I would say the blank I have a bit nice than the one that came from this stock.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Does it look like this?

Mike,
thanks on the wood..

What caliber?
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a pile for the reference info, Right now I have a smith trying to glue humpty back together again, I will evaluate the situationand then discuss this matter, I am VERY impressed with your generosity. I am still sick as this rifle was grouping .5" 5 shot groups before the (*&^%*&$%*$&$up happened.

The rifle is a 30-06 SR20N which was discontinued 10 years ago, it has a schnabel forend.

BR

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
BR,
let me know... if he can glue it pretty close (use epoxy) i might can make it for ya... it's requiring finishing and bedding, but, heck, I don't even see anyone with a pattern.

jeffe