THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noreen Double Square Bridge M-70 Rifle Actions ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
I saw an ad for these in the latest issue of Rifle Magazine. Noreen actions, available in 5 action lengths. www.rifleactions.com Anyone know anything about them?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were designed and originally made by Pete Noreen, who went out of business. I don't know anything about the people who are building them now, but everything I've heard about the original actions was good.

Jack Belk knows more, but unforunately his computer still seems to be broken...

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Those are expensive toy's , I mean actions [Smile]

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I have heard that quality have dropped since Noreen whent out of business...I have seen the old ones and some of them were very nice.
I hope that systeme 98 can give us some info about them [Smile]

Cheers

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
the Noreen action is a dandy..I have seen a few of them and I liked them a lot...

Butch searcy usually has some darn nice barreled actions in big bore calibers and at a darn reasonalbe price for a barreled action, oct or half oct, quarter rib, the works....nice stuff.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Noreen sold the business end of his actions a few years ago. There were 35 receivers that were finished and the bolts and other sundry parts in various stages of completion. He also sold some shapers that were instrumental in the completion of the work. I had not heard of those actions or the purchasers until now. They are a fine action. Peter is still in business in Belgrade but is building air plane parts with his milling machines now.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are restocking #31 right now. I'll see if I can get some pictures to post before we ship it out.

Posts: 108 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote