Find
Notify
Tools

Fitting chokes for Browning BPS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have an older model Browning BPS 12ga that I love, but it has the old fixed choke on it. Who is the best source for having interchangable chokes installed?

Will the new BPS barrels still fit the older models? Would it be better to buy a new interchangable choked barrel?

I could use some help on this one.

Thanks

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just send it to Briley in Houston. Best in my opnion for thin wall chokes. I have had them do several jobs always very good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Briley is far too expensive for what you get in return. I've used John's Gun Shop out of Little Rock, Arkansas (he used to be with Lost Creek Gun Shop in Carlisle, Arkansas) several times for thin wall installations and have been impressed with the quality of work, turnaround, and pricing (used to be something like $40 to fit thin wall chokes in a fixed-choke barrel). I've had barrels done by Briley and while they can perform quality work, they're a bit pricey and turnaround can be a little slow.

John's Gun Shop
12603 Arch Street
Little Rock, AR 72206
(501) 888-1151

I don't know what the cost of an extra BPS barrel is or what their interchangeability is, but I would think John's Gun Shop would probably be the cheapest.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just buy a new barrel that has the choke tubes factory installed A quick search found barrels at about $230.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike Orlen has some good prices Bill. I will find his list and email it to you or post his contact on here. You get a discount if you are a member of shotgunworld.com, free site so if you go with him it is worth doing that. He is very reasonable and has a great reputation.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote