Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a rifle builder
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I have an FN commercial Mauser action and would like to find someone that can turn into a light weight “Alaska”300 WM. I’m having trouble finding a guy that is willing to either work with a Mauser or a guy that is willing to make a Mauser into a “ugly” gun. Any suggestions?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with dpcd and his use of Douglas barrels. The ones I've shot from him have all done better than I ever could. Not sure why any problems with a std length magnum mauser. plenty of good smiths here who know their way around a mauser action so I recommend speaking with some in private and go with whom you like.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe should be a consideration.

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Check with John Farner of Eagle Machine Gunsmithing (TooManyTools here on AR). He worked on my 458 Win Mag Mauser and I couldn't be happier.

You can see he quality of his work on the beautiful gun that he built for his son and posted photos of here on AR.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Jim Kobe. He’s made my a number of rifles on Rem 700 and Sako actions.
They turned out excellent.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2647 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second John Farner. He does very nice work at a very reasonable price.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote