New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acra bond laminate stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How do you like your acrabond stock? How is there service and did you like dealing with them?
Im having trouble with another stock co and I am ready to ask for my money back .

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP7

Well I just bought I stock from them. Talked to both Larry and Rod several times always returned my calls. Called Rod at home several times I don't think there is another stock maker out there that gives out his home number. They readjusted there production to get me a stock in 5 days instead of 10-12 weeks while they were moving there shop. So I would say they have got the customer service down pretty good. Now if Fed-exp would just hurry up so I could get my hands on it

RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
"They readjusted there production to get me a stock in 5 days instead of 10-12 weeks"

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
I recently had one of the AR members E-mail me about my ACRA-Bond laminate stock. I replied to him, and copied the reply and will post it as follows. Thought I might let everybody know what kind of guy Rod is...

Quote:

Sorry, don't have any pics. The Lamination is obvious, but it's not ugly if that makes sense. The laminate on mine is exactly 3/4" wide on the bottom and top. That's 3 pieces, 1/4" wide each, glued together. I am very happy with mine and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, and may in fact do that. Now that Rod owns the company, I think the new stocks will have better quality inletting. Mine is good, but it could have been just a bit tighter around the action and the bolt. The barrel channel is perfect. The recoil pad was a perfect installation. The only thing that I don't like about mine is the comb has a slight rise to it. I prefer them to come straight back, maybe even drop just a little. They, (stock makers) say that a slight rise reduces felt recoil and that may be true. I just like the sight plane better when the comb of the stock is level as opposed to raised. As to the stock itself, it's a beautiful piece of Bastogne. Lot's of Fiddleback, excellent grain. I finished it myself with true oil and it came out perfect for what I want it for. This gun is the gun I use in Alaska. It's been carried on my back for hundreds of miles on a snowmobile, and doesn't get special treatment. If I was to buy another, I think I'd go for grain instead of the fiddleback. My gun is stainless, and the fiddleback doesn't really go that well with it. I'm still pleased with it though.

I don't think you can go wrong with them. Rod is a great guy to deal with. When Mel died, my stock wasn't finished. I wasn't about to get after a woman who had just lost her husband. I figured that's just the way it goes sometimes. Well, one day I received an E-mail from Rod telling me he was going to finish all of the outstanding stocks that Mel had. He did, including mine. Not many folks who would do that sort of thing. He won me over, and has a customer for life.

Joel Babcock

I had payed for the stock, and figured I'd never see the stock, or the money. I was more than pleased with the finished product. The gun is accurate, and this last Spring the gun bounced all over the Western end of the Seward Peninsula looking for those long haired pigs of the North Lots of wet snow, unfortunately no bears, but point of impact never changed. It's a great product.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lest Neal's post get me in a whole bunch of trouble, I should explain. We had a purpleheart blank positioned to cut for a TRG customer. Neal said he needed a Purpleheart Rhino for the ShotShow and his gunsmith needed it by yesterday. I had another uncommitted Purpleheart blank, so I switched patterns and cut the Rhino. Since his gunsmith was going to do the finish inletting, the final shaping, all the oil finishwork and the checkering, there was nothing else for us to do but ship it.

We had a lot of bottlenecks to eliminate in the old location. We now have doubled our checkering capacity, and as of next week, our finish shaping capacity. Both the CNC house and the Panograph are now online with Cheetah, Leopard, and Merlin. Which means we be blasting through our backlog smartly over the next 4-5 weeks.

For folks who want a semi-shaped, semi-inletted stock, we can do them damn quick. The precision-fit shaping and finishing are what take time.

In the end, the Rhino was too small for Neal's project. So we'll refund his money and build a CZ550 Magnum in something else. If it looks anything like the M1999 Montana .458 Lott project, it will be very snazzy.

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote