Notify
Tools

P-14/17 Military Peep Height?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Gentlemen,

Could someone please tell me how high the military peep is above the centerline of the bore, on a P-14/17 Enfield receiver?

I know it is considerable judgeing by the front blade height but need the numbers.

Thank you.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,
Happy to help ,but which measurement are you after again ? Center of bore to center of peep?
Center of bore to base of peep...Draw me a better pic buddy. I have a couple here I would be happy to measure for you. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Center of the peep to the centerline of the bore good Sir.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,
No fixtures available here,but guessing the center of the bolt would reason out to be the center of the bore and measuring to center of the battle sight on my P14 it would be 1.275 . Hope it helps. I only have one other assembled P14,a drill rifle and the battle sight is broken off the base. However dropping the ladder to its lowest position it matches the other P14. I may well put the sights back on my Winchester Model 1917 action when I get my 458 Lott barrel in house.
The ears have not been ground off that action, I have 2 other Enfield bare actions and 6 other rifles but all of them have been ground to Rem model 30 specs.
The drill rifle may or may not be restored to firing status,undecided here and at the fifty dollar price I just got it for I am not out much for the curio and relic it was sold to me as.
45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote