New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zanotti Armor
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you seen or owned Zanotti Armor gunsafes? These are the breakdown types. I'm wondering about quality etc.. I'm considering buying one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a relatively small one. It went together with some pounding of a hammer and has worked just fine for me for quite a few years. Much easier to get down stairs into the basement than a heavy one-piece model, but mine isn't fire-resistant.

Posts: 17 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 12 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon C.

Any others out there that know Zanotti products? I'm leaning in but I'd be more comfortable if I had more input.

Posts: 141 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
citori3:

I've had a Zanotti ZA-III for years and have been very pleased with it. I built it in place in an interior room, and it's too large to fit through the door. They could break out a window and get it out that way, I suppose, but they'd also have to take out a partial height partition wall as well.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
They are more expensive for a given volume. I priced a bunch of them last year when I bought my safe. Just keep in mind, that you may have to pay for a safe mover to come in and move that 1000 pound sucker from your driveway. The Zanotti's you can move yourself. If you have ANY thoughts of moving in the forseeable future, then you should get one.

Since they come apart in pieces, they aren't as secure when they are locked. But, if someone is going to get into it, they are going to get into anything if they have some smarts on how to do it.

I know of a guy here who got into a Class I Bank Vault in only 15 minutes. He quoted 20 minutes max. When you know how, you know how!

RobertD

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote