New
Find
Notify
Tools

either a Brno98 or 1999
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
e-mailed a Jana over at their site and they can/will sell me a Brno98 in a 9,3x62 fullstocker. Montana will build a barreled action in the same but no doubt I will spend more for the accessories as such. I have studied your coments and arguments on various actions and find this AR forum to be the most informative I have checked into outside the Military Res. one. My brain is still in a swirl and still trying to catch up with all the vast knowledge that is here. To minimize a picture for me what do you figure with these two variances? Usefull cal., as it seems to minimize bloodshot and as a meat hunter, I am, and not a trophy man - I gathered this caliber is appropiate, for not only for knockdown but does not "blowup meat"--- I want a true controlled feed action, I've a pre-64 in a .338 and find it smooooth and have passed that onto my oldest boy and the rest of the guns were a mistake buying and will soon part with them - never to late to learn. appreciate your input.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizz,

I don't understand who a Jana is? Perhaps you could provide a link to the site you mention?

Also what 98/Brno are you looking at?

There is a full stocked 9.3 sold by CZ. Is that the rifle your looking at?

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage99,
The CZ sight is not the site nor am I looking at the 550.
the name I received from sales dept. is --Jana Jutternova.
I am looking at the version battue w/o set USD 649
BO 98 stand. w/o set trigger USD 632
paryzkova@zbrojovkabrno.com
I am being a little persistent in my idea of things--so without building a beautiful custom and I seen many it seems here thru-out a plain jain will do me just fine so long as I get a 98 that is a marvel to hold and shoot. So what is the diff between the 1999 and the ....that 1999 seems so commercial.
I either got a real message or someone is jerking my string-seems when i was searching thru the past topics of years gone by here that Brno "is not in business or something"? posting my few first topics was introducing a new "disease" into my already complexed sedentary lifestyle wave

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe he is referring to the Brno website.
Brno
They still make rifles on the large ring 98 action, although they did not have their website up and running for the past year.

I imported one of the full stock models is 9.3x62 a few years ago. It had about the same fit and finish as the CZ550.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
grizz007, you have a PM

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The easy way to a full stocked 9.3 is to buy the CZ and tweak it to your taste.

After that there is no perfect Mauser in terms of value to my eye. As to the M1999's if all you want is an 06 RH action then just about every one out there fits that description.

Ray Atkinson has a 9.3 that he may part with on a Brno. Not sure if his is a full or half stock though.

As for myself I would do what your doing and ask a lot of questions. Sometimes the anticipation exceeds the realization. I suppose that you have other rifles to use right now?

Join the NRA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is spring bear season for some here and I have a 700 bdl(.375rum) with the infamous J-lock(ugggh). Took the Leupold base/ring off and set it up with a Talley b/r and reistalled my Leupold vari-111 1.5x5 yesterday. It is bedded and the trigger has been gone thru and my loads are "tight" with a Barnes 270gn XLC FB. The end result is still a pushfeed with a piece of sheetmetal for a extractor and seemingly a plastic trigger and a flimsy alum. trigger gaurd. That Ruger I have is "crude" for a action and compared to the pre-64 not a true controlled feed action. "Just need one good rifle"----my wife is tired me thinks of saying that. Savage99 thankyou very much what you say gives me "hope"--there is a fine rifle that is excellent in it's characteristics that does not cost a arm and a leg. Maybe a CZ but I will hold off. Knowing not to expect perfection sets the platform within reach- Mahsii'

one of us
posted Hide Post
Grizz.,

Not everyone has the time to answer every topic in complete detail. So participate in this and other threads and listen to all.

I am flirting with full stocked rifles again myself and enjoying the idea.

Join the NRA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I looked on the auctions for you and all the 9.3's are pricey. If you would settle for a .35 Whelan there are a lot of them around on Sprinfields etc.

Join the NRA