New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger M 77 Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can any one tell me where I can get an "after market " trigger for the Ruger M 77 ( tang safety). I know Brownell's carries the Timmey for the M77, but is there another one. Thanks

Posts: 182 | Location: Va. | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Timney is carried by most of the online catalog companys like Midway, Lock, Stock, and Barrel ect. I think you can get one for the M77 by Rifle Basics, and Moyers(sp?)
I have the Timney and it's great.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arky65
posted Hide Post
as i am looking for an alternative to the timmney for a ruger 77 also i went to the above site. no mention of ruger only savage. did i miss something?

to question asked, i only have heard of one other company making triggers for the ruger 77. "dayton traistor" not sure if i spelled right. but do a search for ruger 77 trigger and see what you come up with. i read about it on this site some months backs

arky65

people that trade freedom for security become slaves

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Red Face yea cant tell a savage from a ruger.
Midway did have a few triggers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It never ceases to amaze me. The number of people who want to replace the old Ruger 77 tang safety trigger. They are a most clever design and for someone who understands them they can be tuned to a very good, crisp, light and safe pull.

Take your rifle to a competent gunsmith and he can tune your original trigger to perform as good as any after market design.

I do recognize that a Timney design is simpler and easier to adjust for average do it your selfers.

Craftsman

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
It never ceases to amaze me. The number of people who want to replace the old Ruger 77 tang safety trigger. They are a most clever design and for someone who understands them they can be tuned to a very good, crisp, light and safe pull.

Take your rifle to a competent gunsmith and he can tune your original trigger to perform as good as any after market design.

I do recognize that a Timney design is simpler and easier to adjust for average do it your selfers.

Ditto, I have no complaints with any of my tang safety Ruger triggers. Easly adjustable, they should have carried this design to the MK II Roll Eyes

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chestsprings:
When I had my .257 Rob. Mod 77 (tang safety)converted to a .257 Imp., the gunsmith put a Canjar set trigger on it. Don't know where he got it or the cost but.... This was about 4-5 years ago.
I like it but I'm not an expert on good triggers. All of my other Rugers wear Timney's.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
gunsmile i KNEW IT WOULD COME TO ME.
ISNT SENILITY GRAND
http://www.riflebasix.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells has several differant makers with replacement triggers for rugers.

I have used timmys the last few I put in were spec-tech brand easy to do and the price is right. They are much bigger improvement over the factory.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote