ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1821 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful piece of work from a Master. Do you have a before picture? I still just can't imagine the amount of talent and skill it takes to create something this beautiful.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Garbis are beautiful guns. Beautiful work.
Nothing wrong with a little cast off on the stock... Wink

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"The blank was strapped to an I beam for seven years and the buttstock still warped to the right!" ?cast off ??????

Breathtaking, just beautiful. Nice gun to start, very nice metal work, stocking and engraving. Love the gold inlay on the cocking indicator, very nice touch to an exquisite firearm.

I can't begin to imagine the satisfaction you must feel creating such a piece of art. congratulations.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, A Livingston SLE, the new standard.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Fantastic SDH!! thumb

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very classy work. I see it's marked '1'. Are there plans for a '2'?

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Superb! Especially nice touch on the non-tear drop. It works!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13619 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDH,

Magnificent!!!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures of it.

Don

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
SDH,

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

I noticed that one of the lock plate screws is domed....the rest look filed flush. How do you decide which ones to dome vs. file flush with the plate?

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDH

Beautiful work.

Why couldn't that action be made here in the United States?

When is the new book coming out?

One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted Hide Post
Ok...now that I have been sedated, restrained, and put in the local mental facility for looking like a catatonic blithering idiot, my mouth was open, my tongue on the floor and I was slobbering continuously....

I have seen some of the finest works of art in my life. I've even seen Van Gogh's and Renoirs. I have been privileged to see and hold some fine examples of shotguns in my life, but I swear I have never seen artisanship, or anything so beautiful in shotguns as this shotgun. Well done! Well done!

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun.

How about full length shot so we can see the line of the stock?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Soverns

Look at the 4th picture. The larger "screws" even with the leading edge of the trigger guard are those that appear most domed. They are actually the mainspring postion indicators aka cocking indicators. This postion indicates they are "cocked". The gold inlay will turn horizontal when the gun is fired. The standard Garbi has a slot that makes it look like a screw. The golds inlay is a very nice touch. It also may serve a funtion. I wonder how many of those have had to be replaced because someone put a turn screw to them???

SDH

One of the many problems I have with written language is the difficulty communicating humor. I caught the reference to the wood drying post by Dr K, and was trying to offer a humorous reply to your final comment.

I was very, very serious about the praise for your work, and the comments about the pride and satisfaction you should have with your results. The years of hard work you spent developing and perfecting your gunmaking skills clearly show. This is not just a "best gun" in the English sense, but truly a "best of the best".

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I did see those but "fingerprints happen" so to speak. Smiler I asked about the screws because I have several sidelock projects in a row and I wasnt sure if there was protocol when working with shotgun screws. Seems to be a wide variety of ways to proceed.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is why I love the AR forums! What a talented group of folks we have here. World class work that is to me most appreciated.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! thumb Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote