THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Couple gunsmithing questions for all of you?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Right hand thread. Metric. Can't help on the 22. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply and information.

I thought that Howa was a right hand thread, guess its time to break out the cheater and lean on things alittle.

Thanks for both the replies!

Posts: 701 | Location: Fort Shaw, MT | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To all,

Recently had a couple jobs come into the shop and need some information.

Problem #1

Need a magazine for a Ranger 34A semi-auto 22 LR.

Anyone have one for sell or knows where to get one. Or what other magazine could be converted to work in this little 22 LR

Problem #2

Do the newer Howa rifles have right or left hand receiver threads?

Have a 223 Rem a customer wants recut to a 223 Ack Imp but the barrel is tighter then H___!

A think they have a right hand thread but before I get the six foot cheater bar out I want to make sure I'm twisting the thing in the right direction.

Thanks for the information!

Good Shooting!!

Posts: 701 | Location: Fort Shaw, MT | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Ranger 34A is the same thing as the Marlin model 50, or 50E.... this is according to the GunParts catalog... they don't show having any magazines in stock, but I would call them to find out..... hope this helps some....

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote