Find
Notify
Tools

Action values
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
4 or 5 P14 sporterized by drilling and tap for weaver bases and aftermarket stock.

1917 Mauser (Amberg) with bolt handle bent, but not drilled/tapped

Worth anything?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
seems the going rate for a complete p17 or a p14 depending on how "butchered" the action is, is about $60-125.... with a good barrel, maybe $30 more... they are on gunbroker for $2-300, but never sell...if the numbers don't match, they still make good donor actions...i bought 2 complete "sporterized" p17's for $160 ea...ears chopped off, drilled, tapped, decent barrels...all i wanted was the action and bottom metal...if this fits your idea, i'm interested in the actions...pm me if it does...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
He is asking $200. The ears are chopped off too. He doesn't seem to eager to haggle even though he wants to shut down his shop within the next month or two. He is in his 80s.

He is not the type to fool with shipping and they don't seem to be worth the hassle. One day someone will get them for free, but that ain't today and it wont be me.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I sold my last P-14 for $160.00 and felt that was an OK price. I sold one that had no work done on it for $200.00. They're worth what someone is willing to pay and that you are willing to accept.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have worked on two Amberg Mausers lately that were quite nicely made actions. They were a little earlier than 1917 -- 1912 and 1915 as I recall.

Clemson

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote