New
Find
Notify
Tools

NECG Peep sight for CZ Model 527 Carbine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just recently purchased a new CZ Model 527 Carbine in 7.62 X 39 m/m, which is an excellent rifle, well built and accurate. Very pleased with my purchase! Got a few questions I hope I can obtain some answers:

1. I would like to install a NECG "Ghost" peep sight instead of a scope.

2. What I need to know is what height of FRONT sight will I need?

3. Can I purchase a florescent (Red) front sight, for my CZ carbine to where I, myself, can install it easily, by just sliding out the existing one and replacing it with the new one without taking it to a gunsmith or doing any modification to the new sight?

4. Since I will be removing the rear sight, what size of "rear sight slug filler" 3/8" or what size do I need?

Thanks very much!

David

Posts: 332 | Location: Backwoods Of Kentucky | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you contact necg I'm sure they can help you out sizing the front sight. That is one reason to get it right from them instead of brownells or midway. Xs sight used to (maybe still do) come with a plastic post you could use for trial and error in sizing the front sight. Or if they or someone can give you the dimension of how high above the bore they are it can be easily calculated to get you in the general direction.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Markey:
If you contact necg I'm sure they can help you out sizing the front sight. That is one reason to get it right from them instead of brownells or midway. Xs sight used to (maybe still do) come with a plastic post you could use for trial and error in sizing the front sight. Or if they or someone can give you the dimension of how high above the bore they are it can be easily calculated to get you in the general direction.
Don

Thanks, Don. However, I did contact NECG two weeks ago, but yet to hear from them. Also placed my request for assistance with this on CZ's Forum with no help from them at all.

David

Posts: 332 | Location: Backwoods Of Kentucky | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you buy a tall front sight, then file it down to suit the distance you want to sight for, with your ammo and your shooting style/conditions. Obviously this will only work with a metal post type sight.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRS
Thanks, Don. However, I did contact NECG two weeks ago, but yet to hear from them. Also placed my request for assistance with this on CZ's Forum with no help from them at all.

Just give NECG a call. Much better to deal with that way.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:
Originally posted by DRS

Matt

Thanks, I did write them an e-mail which they answered about two hours after I sent it. So I got the information I requested.

David

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRS:
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:
Originally posted by DRS

Matt

Thanks, I did write them an e-mail which they answered about two hours after I sent it. So I got the information I requested.

David, what height did they recommend?
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote