Find
Notify
Tools

Shilen and/or Timney Triggers ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Maximus
posted
Trying to decide which one is a better choice. Is the trigger assembly made of steel or aluminum? I'm leaning towards the Timney for the wider trigger area, however I'm still open to suggestions. I would like to have an all steel assembly, unlike the Rifle Basix triggers.
Does anyone know who's got one in stock at a decent price???? Midwayusa is out of stock until 5/9. What the ???? ?

Posts: 94 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 December 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Maximus

I have shilen trigger on one of my rifles and it is a very nice trigger. Timmey is not near a shilen, that's my opinion. I think timmey is a "El Cheapo trigger" that is overpriced.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have 6 Shilen triggers on rifles and just got 2 more from Brownells. i love them. only thing better is a Jewell [have 3 of them]. on a hunting or varmint gun the Shillen can't be beat for the money [$71]. if your going to shoot compition the Jewell is tops.
Brownells has the Shilen in stock.

Posts: 169 | Location: Never where you think | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i bought a shilen trigger from midway and sent it back.. after installation it chattered and was actually not as good as a factory trigger.. with that said i know Kenny Jarrette uses thim on his rifles so maybe i just got a dog..but my gunsmith says he'll not use another 1.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put a Timney on my Ruger 77MkII, and couldn't be happier - I can assure you that on this model, there ain't nothing but steel - I did the install myself - and whatever it's made of, it sure is tough! Clean, crisp, fully adjustable. Haven't tried the other brands, and it's a hunting rifle, but i didn't do any work other than what was necessary. Then again, maybe I spend more time shooting than thinking. Flame suit and flak jacket are now on!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with my Timneys - they are not in the same class as Jewells, but they are very serviceable. Not exactly drop-in, though.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Timney and Bold and Shilen triggers with good success. All were drop in with enough adjustment to keep me satisfied. These were all hunting rifles though.

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put me down as a Shilen fan. Call Shilen and you can order them directly from them. I think the price is about the same.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
tom ga hunter,
If your "gunsmith" refuses to use a Shilen trigger I would highly recommend that you find another.

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me, but you don't say what type of rifle you are putting this trigger on. (I would assume a Remington). But if you are looking to put a new trigger on any Mausers, try a Blackburn.

Blue

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
I have a fair number of Timneys and Bolds on my Mausers and love them. They make me happy. You may say ignorance is bliss and you would probably be right. So why should I be educated and unhappy.Now if you want to appear to be sophisticaed spend the money. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want a place to get Timney Triggers, I just received an order of them.
Go to my website and see for yourself.

www.cliffsgunsmithing.com

Happy hunting.

one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted Hide Post
Do you guys know who makes aftermarket triggers to suit a BRNO 602? The standard trigger on mine is overly creepy and hard to shoot accuratly when it is not "set".

Posts: 89 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering this also. I need a replacement trigger for my CZ 550. Would Timney's mauser trigger work? I want to keep the 2 position safety too...

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take that 602 to a gunsmith who is familiar with them. My father worked the trigger on his 602 and that thing is smooth even when not set. It obviously still has the takeup but once the trigger gets tight, it breaks clean.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
$44.00 isn't competitve.

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote