New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope mount for sako L461 action?
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
I have a Sako Vixen I believe that is tha action called L461(?). I'looking ofr a scope mount with 30mm rings.

Does anyone know if sako still makes their original mount for this action? If no - what do you then surgest instead?

Regards

Mads

<Dane>
posted
Hej Mads

Yes, you can get original Sako Optilock-rings for your L-461 Vixen. They are quite expensive but works fine. Price is about 1100,- DKr.

Stig

<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
Try Talley mounts.I have two sets of them on my Sako's.Very good quality mounts.Priced less than Opti-loks.They are Weaver style mounts,but much better quaility.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that I have some old Sako mounts and some of the nice Stith mounts for the L-461, they won't be cheap and I have to find them but if interested give me an e-mail...they are extremely nice rings but they are 1"...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I think Warne makes 30mm rings that will slide on a Sako dovetail.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Thank you all for you informative replies.

Ray, thank you very much for the fine offer, but I allready have a Sako mount with 1" rings. So what I'm after is one for 30mm rings - so that I can mount a real scope [Big Grin] !

1geejay, I have visited their website, and I think that I give the talley a try when times come.

Sincerely

Mads

posted Hide Post
Mads,

I am pretty sure you won't get the "original" Sako scope in 30mm as I am not sure 30mm scopes were out then.

However the new Optilocks are available in 30mm and although somewhat expensive, are excellent..I know as I have some!

What ever you do, stay away from warne on your sako I had a whole load of trouble which I can only put down to their basic design not working well on the tapered rail Sako use.

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold makes Sako 30mm mounts in medium and high configuration. Brownell's has em for right around a C-note...

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mads,

As 1JEEJAY said, Talley mounts are extremely good. I have a few of them here, and used a set on my 30/404 that I took to Africa this year.

Highly recommended.

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote