Find
Notify
Tools

Model 1100 20 ga. (old style) barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted
Have been looking for a skeet barrel for my old 1100 20 ga. for my wife to use, and she wants a vent rib on it. The few that I have been able to locate are ridiculously expensive$300.00 +. (and they have all been fixed chokes) Does any one know of a smith that can add a rib to a plain barrel at a reasonable cost? I could take my IC barrel and have it fitted for chokes, making it much more useable, and if I could get a rib put on it would be just the ticket.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HERE is a link to Ebay for Rem 1100 20 ga barrels. There is one on there that has a rib and has 4 days left and it is at $90. There are also some buy it now ones for $200.

Simmons (www.simmonsguns.com) still will put ribs on your barrel but it will cost you that much ($249) just for a rib. You can shoot a shotgun very well without a rib, it really is not necessary. You look at the clay when you are shooting and not at the barrel.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Only ones I found on the link were LT barrels, will not fit my gun.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could order a rib from Poly Choke and install it yourself, the rib costs like 150-175.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
DuaneinND,

Thanks a bunch, that is just what I was looking for.