New
Find
Notify
Tools

NECG Pivot scope mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone seen or used the pivot mount for the M/S rifles?? I starting on my M95 Dutch Mannlicher and thought I might use a scope on this as it will be a full lenght stocked carbine. But at the price would like to know if it is practical for this project and if they will clear the action so clip can be loaded. I can't seem to find out much information on it.
https://www.newenglandcustomgu...detail.php?prod=4173

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So you have to pivot the scope every time you load a clip?

Posts: 1681 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me, this mounts the scope directly above the action.
On a M/S with the rotary magazine you can load one at a time. You would not be able to insert a clip (or whatever the proper name is) with the scope in place on your rifle.
Further, the side of the rear of the action on the M/S has a flat where the rear base attaches. Not sure the Dutch M has that flat.
True side mount is probably the best option.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend has these swing mounts on his old Mannlicher Schoeneur rifle. They work well.

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kinda thought that it did sit on the center of the action. Which would be some what difficult to load a en-block clip.
It is a round action so a flat would have to be milled to accept the mount

Heym SR20
Would you happen to know what mount he is using??

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have the EAW mounts on my Black Isle Dan'l Fraser Mannlicher-Schoenauer Model 1903. They are solid steel and work like a bank vault.

One cannot use a stripper clip with this set up. But neither can a stripper clip be used with most over the bore scope mounts.

It's a QD mount. But one would not want to remove the scope just for the sake of loading with a stripper clip!

The rotary magazine in the M-S can be filled up with five single rounds as quickly as a box magazine. So I have not found this to be a problem.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13475 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote