Find
Notify
Tools

Very Early Remington 1100 20ga...Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Barrel was destroyed so now I need a replacement ..Vent Rib preferred ...catch is the later models won't fit? Don't know what they changed but hoping maybe one of you gunsmiths may have none laying around or.point me.to where I may find one? Thanks

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of that but I am not an expert on 1100s.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I thought that all the 1100 barrels were interchangeable as long as you stayed within gauge and length of cartridge. But I'm wrong at least once a day.

The 11-48 and the 11-87 won't interchange of course.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK I am wrong. There was a run change in 1977 and you're right the new ones won't fit the old ones.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is probably your best bet. I have personally never used this site as I'm a low life Ice Riff Raff Kanukian, but a lot of my Mercan colleagues use it all the time.

http://www.barrelexchange.com/...20+ga.&Submit=Search

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks ..so now I need a pre 77 barrel in 20ga

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
Thanks ..so now I need a pre 77 barrel in 20ga

This is Remingtons little blurb on it:

Note: LT-20, 20 gauge 2-3/4" lightweight barrels will not fit pre-1977 20 gauge lightweight or standard 20 gauge Model 1100 shotguns

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thank you !

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Good thing I don't work on shotguns. I failed this test.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
dpcd

Yeah, well I did Remington warranty for 15 years. So I guess I should have known that one off the top of my head.

And move your foot dpcd, you're standing on the rock I'm trying to hide under.

killpc

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thank you

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, 20 gauge 870's can have the same issue. The early ones were built on the 12 gauge frame. The later 20 gauge were built on a smaller frame; two different barrels required.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GunCat
posted Hide Post
You check here, they sometimes have the older barrels (with the larger mag tube ring)

http://www.corsonsbarrels.com/rem1100barrels.htm

Steve Rose
----------
Rose Action Sports, LLC
www.roseactionsports.com

Posts: 189 | Location: Western Kentucky | Registered: 02 November 2007Reply With Quote