Notify
Tools

Is This Receiver Salvagable?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Is this pitting too deep to remove?

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Notroman,
The pitting is below the stock line and will not show, don't worry about it. BTW, gold plated? You guys have too much money.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Notroman,
It's pitted way to bad to ever be of any use. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you. Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I'm glad we have a sanitation professional to handle the trash around here. I would like to apply for that job some day.

The action isn't pretty but it looks very useable.

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

I just needed to check. Oh, and by the way, to show you my appreciation, I have included a pic of an action I picked up
for $56.00. Yup, it is an m1909 receiver with VZ-24 bottom. But that can be rectified.
I know, I know...someone has to find these deals.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,

Why remove it? It won't show. Just clean it out good with a wire brush, and have at it. What's the code on the top of the receiver?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
"42" with a date of 1939.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Damned ole Mauser code!

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
Nice buy Nitro! I started to bid on it, but alas I already have one Mauser (Erfurt 1917) and one STG-58 to monkey around with . That Obendorf (sp?)action looks ok to build a shooter on, go for it!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote