Find
Notify
Tools

Need Ejector for Older Marlin 1894
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
I have a friend that's pretty hip on Marlins and he's working on an older Marlin 1894 I bought and says it needs a new ejector.

This is a Microgroove model chambered for 44mag.

He has warned me that the part that he ordered from Brownells (or maybe Marlin???) was the INCORRECT one and that incorrect one was Marlin Part Number 501168

He says that's for the newer models and has a stud on it.

He says the one he needs is all spring steel with no stud and is for the older models.

The serial number of my Marlin that he's working on is 251516**

Can someone help me/him find the part he needs to get this old Marlin shooting again? I'm a Brownells KLUTZ so if you tell me Brownells or another gun parts site I'd GREATLY appreciate a direct link.

Thanks for any and all help,
$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Bob, you mean like this?

http://e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=406960E

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I just called him and he's at a SASS State Championship match and will look at it later on his laptop so see if it's the right one.

Thanks,
$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
It will NOT be.

Jim is right!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
You'll get no argument from me. I'm "Lever Stupid".

He had this rifle just laying around and it was old but unfired and he sold it to me. Then he decided to "slick it up" for me and discovered the ejector problem.

He's been working on and fixing my guns for SEVERAL years now and I've never doubted his work.

Will Numrich probably let my FFL dealer buy at discount with proof of licensure and tax number?

Thanks for your help,
$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
That Marlin 1894 44 MAG was made in 1975 and uses the all spring formed ejector, #314198

We are the only ones who make that ejector.

www.wisnersinc.com

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Jim,

OK... I've been on your website and have quesitons. I sent you a PM and if I don't hear back from you I'll just call you tomorrow.

Thanks,
$bob$