Find
Notify
Tools

Sako peep
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,
The peep sights made by Sako for their rifles seem to be a good one. I've had one for about 25 years, but not used it.
I'm thinking of trying it an a AV 375 H@H.
Has anyone used one, will I need to get a new front sight for it to shoot where it's pointed?
Thanks. wave

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I have the original from my Finn Bear 30'06 that fits the action dovetails. I think it works great. The bears and pigs do not like it though!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that was laugh-out-loud. jumping
Glad I'm not a pig.
Did your peep come with the rifle or did you add it later

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I had one too on an L61R '06 that my son has now, it works great. You can rotate the aperture and have a 100 m. or 200 m zero on my sight.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've got an old one, probably 1960s or 1970s, off of a Finnbear that I'll sell. Anyone interested? E-mail and make me an offer I can't refuse. I trade stuff too.

joyray@frontiernet.net

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, that was laugh-out-loud.
Glad I'm not a pig.
Did your peep come with the rifle or did you add it later

Gun was purchased in Germany by a cousin and sent to the USA with rings and the peep sight.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote