Tools

Square Bridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
D'Arcy Echols

The last time I heard Echols was charging $15,500 for a rifle in a Bell & Carlson stock made to his specs. Running a small business is NOT CHEAP and square bridges cost money.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The point is that is can be done!

If I had $15k to blow on a rifle I would just start with a Satterlee action and go from there.

I drive a Honda, and I like it!

Posts: 4156 | Location: Hell | Registered: 22 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spending $400 on a Savage is BLOWING, $400. Spending $15,500 on a custom rifle is generally an investment.

You can also go to the moon if you want to. It just takes money.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, save that money for your hunting lease.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:

Ouch!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its cheaper to Hunt in Missouri or Arkansas, and the rates are damned good for non-residents - and the hunting is MUCH better!

Stop being such pricks already Big Grin You know, if it was up to you guys no one would ever do anything, just send you money, yet you're always complaining how much it costs to run a business...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Alberta we have 5 million acres of crown land and can purchase a maximum of 7 licensees per year. Plus we can shoot pheasants, huns, sharpies, ruffies, ducks and geese until-the-hogs-come-home. If memory serves.

We don't have hunting lease thingys. In fact, I don't think it's legal to do that ! The game belongs to the crown, not the landowner. Mind you. We do have guys that only let their buddies on. Same like every where else.

But then again there is that 5 million acres of crown land ! And we only have about 100,000 hunters per year on a chunk of ground just a bit smaller than Texas!

coffee How bout them apples!

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by speerchucker30x378:
In Alberta we have 5 million acres of crown land and can purchase a maximum of 7 licensees per year. Plus we can shoot pheasants, huns, sharpies, ruffies, ducks and geese until-the-hogs-come-home. If memory serves.

We don't have hunting lease thingys. In fact, I don't think it's legal to do that ! The game belongs to the crown, not the landowner. Mind you. We do have guys that only let their buddies on. Same like every where else.

But then again there is that 5 million acres of crown land !

All I did was comment on the availability of public hunting in Texas and all the beer-gut belt-buckle coulda-been-NFL guys been crying like little girls ever since... Something about internet forums brings out the girl in lots of folks.

Rod, I am selling all of my guns since I can't afford to pay someone $15K to do square bridges for me - and if I could afford it, I wouldn't do it because a Satterlee action is a better investment. And since I know it takes a degree in Aeronautical Engineering to do it, I'm just giving up on the idea... You and Butch are degreed Engineers, right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rod,
A person can hunt anywhere he chooses, but don't dare hunt either mine or our family property without permission!

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Karl:
quote:

But then again there is that 5 million acres of crown land !

All I did was comment on the availability of public hunting in Texas and all the beer-gut belt-buckle coulda-been-NFL guys been crying like little girls ever since... Something about internet forums brings out the girl in lots of folks.

Rod, I am selling all of my guns since I can't afford to pay someone $15K to do square bridges for me. And since I know it takes a degree in Aeronautical Engineering to do it, I'm just giving up on the idea...

kwik carol,
It appears your above post has been edited. I don't believe I posted on the thread that you are talking about. There is quite a bit of public hunting land in Texas. You just need to do a little research.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kwik carol,
Don't you see that your smart ass mouth doesn't help you. A few tried to help you and you showed your ignorance.
Do you think a few folks are waiting around to jump you or maybe all of them are right and you need to see that you may be wrong?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by butchlambert:

Rod, I am selling all of my guns since I can't afford to pay someone $15K to do square bridges for me.

I don't know if the State of Texas would allow that Butch. If people found out that you were liquidating your toy box it would jam up I20 and I30 for a couple of days and no one could get to work.

popcorn he he he

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe kwik carol posted that Rod. Not me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry. I get confuzzled on those long post and quotes thingys Butch. Remember, I'm in the gun business. I'm not to bright !

coffee LOL

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
kwik carol,
Don't you see that your smart ass mouth doesn't help you. A few tried to help you and you showed your ignorance.
Do you think a few folks are waiting around to jump you or maybe all of them are right and you need to see that you may be wrong?

Bitch,

I never give shit to anyone that doesn't give it to me first, as your pea brain should remember from practical machinist. Now get back to intimidating your wife and kids, bubba.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started this thread to seek information - NOT to ask anyone to do anything for free for me, or to give me their voodoo trade secrets that no one else on earth knows, or to hear about how much it costs to run a business, or to hear about how much the top guy in the business (which many of you obviously wish you were) charges for this or that.

A few folks answered with very direct very helpful information for which I am grateful.

Now if someone wants to talk about getting nasty maybe they should buy an over-sized mirror so they can look at their full fat self in it, and check out their own condescending asshole comments, before they start acting like a cunt when someone gives them a taste of their own shit right back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry. I get confuzzled on those long post and quotes thingys Butch. Remember, I'm in the gun business. I'm not to bright !

Obviously true the way you incessantly complain about not making money...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
kwik carol,

Bitch,

I never give shit to anyone that doesn't give it to me first, as your pea brain should remember from practical machinist. Now get back to intimidating your wife and kids, bubba.

You haven't changed and don't have enough in your pea brain to understand do you! You've pissed off enough people on this forum that you need to go back and get thrown off the machinest forum again.
Stop and think, if your pea brain can, why do you always get a ration on all the forums you frequent?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
kwik carol,

Bitch,

You haven't changed and don't have enough in your pea brain to understand do you! You've pissed off enough people on this forum that you need to go back and get thrown off the machinest forum again.
Stop and think, if your pea brain can, why do you always get a ration on all the forums you frequent?

Bubba,

Did I ask for your expertise on anything? Given your track record of being an asshole on every forum you've been on, do you think I would even THINK to ask you for anything? I would rather give up shooting than to have to rely on a condescending douchebag like you to get information from. You chimed in with your fat mouth about a dear lease, which you knew was a hot topic in another thread, and you did that, just to be your usual douchebag self - just like you were on practical machinist.

And then you get all indignant and accuse me of "never changing."

I didn't say a word to you except compliment one of the rifle you were, once again, showing off, until you acted like a fat douchebag. So, go fuck yourself.

You sir, are a moron extraordinaire. There isn't a single bit of information that you could have anywhere in your fat head, that I could ever need, or want.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
kwik carol,

Bitch,

Bubba,

Did I ask for your expertise on anything? Given your track record of being an asshole on every forum you've been on, do you think I would even THINK to ask you for anything? I would rather give up shooting than to have to rely on a condescending douchebag like you to get information from. You chimed in with your fat mouth about a dear lease, which you knew was a hot topic in another thread, and you did that, just to be your usual douchebag self - just like you were on practical machinist.

I didn't say a word to you except compliment one of the rifle you were, once again, showing off, until you acted like a fat douchebag. So, go fuck yourself.

You sir, are a moron extraordinaire. There isn't a single bit of information that you could have anywhere in your fat head, that I could ever need, or want.

I love your vocabulary kwik carol.
Rod, I guess it is your turn to be in the bucket. I don't think you said anything out of order to him, but he took umbrage. I'll be watching this in the morning after coffee.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
kwik carol,

Bitch,

Bubba,

I love your vocabulary kwik carol.
Rod, I guess it is your turn to be in the bucket. I don't think you said anything out of order to him, but he took umbrage. I'll be watching this in the morning after coffee.

Fuck off, asshole.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As a wiser fella than me once said:
That didn't work out very well, did it?
(For some reason I can't find his exact words Smiler)

Posts: 5115 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy, isn't that quick karl just a clever fellow, and handy with his words!

Once he buys a tig, he'll show you!

Posts: 1115 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ssdave:
Boy, isn't that quick karl just a clever fellow, and handy with his words!

Once he buys a tig, he'll show you!

Chumley,

The TIG welder was for bolt handles - if you paid any attention you would have read that I prefaced the Square Bridge thread by saying, specifically, that I wasn't thinking of trying it myself.

No wonder so many foreigners think Americans are stupid, huh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm some kind of fancy magnet I guess. But I don't speak Mercan, so I don't know whats going on half the time and the other half of the time I just don't really give a ratz azz.

popcorn lol

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

No wonder so many foreigners think Americans are stupid, huh?

Oh, You're American? I didn't know where you were from.

You can tig bolt handles or square bridges as you want, Post the pictures here and you'll show them!

Posts: 1115 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what an amazing thread. Went from a simple question to a tactical nuclear exchange.

Carl,

find Cowboy CS here and PM him. He made and installed DSB's on a VZ24 for me in 404J many years ago.

popcorn

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
what an amazing thread. Went from a simple question to a tactical nuclear exchange.

Carl,

find Cowboy CS here and PM him. He made and installed DSB's on a VZ24 for me in 404J many years ago.

popcorn

Idaho,

All I wanted to learn was, is it possible to weld em? That was it! When Ray Atkinson said yes, I was good!

The truth is, I don't even like how double square bridges LOOK! I just wanted to find out about the possibility of welding on the front ring of a VZ24 receiver!!!!

I found out what I needed to know.

Thank you to everyone that was generous with your concise, on topic, knowledge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found it!

I don't know who's work this is but I remembered seeing this and saving the photo. This is what led to the original question.

I don't care what kind of welder you have, or about that time that you welded a nut on the space station hanging upside down in your underwear while you were drunk, or how many rifles you have, or who you know or who you ****

tu2

I was just curious about the welding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of all the aftermarked squarebridges I yet to see anyone duplicating the original Mauser. Some gets close and acceptable. Some looks like a railsleeper mounted on a pregnant puppy...but most of them look right down fuckly and I wouldn´t take one for free regards of a free T-shirts included...

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spending $15,500 on a custom rifle is generally an investment

Really I see a lot of custom rifle for sale here for a lot less then the people say they have into them.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
taste is an acquired thing Jens. It's like redheads VS blondes...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't commenting on my opinion of the style, just that I was sure that I had seen an example of it done!