Find
Notify
Tools

1910/36 Mexican Pics?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted
I am starting to think about putting together a gun on an FN 1936 Mexican. I would like to see any pictures of work in progress or finished guns. I already have an octagonal barrel in 6.5 and I am glad to hear that Sunny Hill will be making bottom metal. Let's ses those Mexicans!

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Here is a low budget one I did years ago. Shaw barrel and GAG bargin bin stock. It's a .257 Roberts on a 1910 Mex.

Here is a work in progress. It's a Chic Worthings now. Between his duplicator and me changing my mind, this one is running a little behind schedule. It's a 1910 chambered in 7x57. Mark Stratton did the metalwork.

Here is the wood

Here is another one that was just commisioned to David Christman. It's going to have all the bells and whistles when complete.

Maybe Butch Lambert will post a few pics of his "work in progress" It has some of the nicest metal work I've ever seen on a one.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Really nice, thanks for posting them.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Butch sent me these and ask me to post them. They are stunning!

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TC1, you always make me jealous when you post those pics!

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Butch sent me these and ask me to post them. They are stunning!

Details on this metalwork would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Forrest

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
The metal work was done by David Christman. He did the square bridge, Blackburn trigger and bottom metal. The rear tang was reshaped and the tang hole welded to make it blind. David chambered the Shilen barrel and James Anderson[Gunmaker} did the half octagon 7x57 barrel. David checkered the bolt release lever. The receiver was re case hardened. David and James have been a real pleasure to work with. David is working on the pattern stock. I have a real nice piece of english from Roger Vardy in Australia. Maybe I can send Terry a picture of the wood and if I twist his arm maybe he will post it.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
One more set of pictures for Butch. These are pictures of the blank that will be used for that masterpiece of a barreled action he has,.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry,
David isn't much of a photographer and the pickup bed ain't much background. The light on the first 2 make it look yellow. David said he believes it will turn out much better than the photos. David also said the wood is very dry, cured and very hard. I am one of those people that can't see a finished product in my mind, so these photos don't mean a lot. Give me a print and I think that I can make it, verbally describing something to me leaves me with a blank stare.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the description Butch. Looks like a well thought out and well executed project. Photos of the completed rifle are highly anticipated.

I'm fortunate enough to have a small assemblage of parts including a decent 1910 and Blackburn bottom metal for a 6.5x55 project. Considering a half round/half octagon barrel for it as I have no other rifles with that configuration.

Thanks again.

Forrest

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go for it Forrest! I don't have a 6.5x55 anymore. Another classic cartridge.
Butch
----------------------

One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the picture of your Mexicans. This was really helpful and gave me some concrete ideas on what to do with mine. I am looking forward to starting this project this year.

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
TC1: Wow the metal work on that mex. is real nice. I'm in the process of powering up my machinery to kick a couple out for myselfe...playtime/part time. Question: We Okies dont get to see much in the way of English Walnut like that you are going to use! "Beautiful". I would like to find a blank somewhat like that for one of my personal projects as a gun for me to carry to the field and hunt with. Where does one find such a nice peice and what should one expect to pay for a blank of this sort, if you have time could you PM me with the details so as not to highjack this thread from the original poster. THANKS!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote