Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Remington 700 trigger?
 Login/Join

posted
I have heard the new Remington 700 have a new trigger with some kind of lock (some have called it a J lock) that prevents adjustments. Is this true, and if so what is the average trigger wieght they have been coming in (heard around 3# which doesn't seem bad compared to what 7-9# the older ones were coming)? Thanks for info, kcihak.

Posts: 19 | Location: Montana | Registered: 05 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kcihak:

The new Remington Trigger is the Remington engineers and lawyers answer to "Tamper resistent trigger". They have done a dam good job of ruining the best factory trigger that was ever made. I highly suggest you spend a little money and buy a Jewell replacement trigger and you will never look back. You refer to "J lock". The J lock was a lock Remington put on the bolt shroud. This can easily be replaced by purcasing a replacement from Pacific Tool and Gauge, GreTan Rifles or many others. The fit (bunched up) and finish of the factory Remington firing pin spring may also be a source of problems. All the aforementioned issues should be addressed by a competent gunsmith who Trues and Times a Remington action. There is a critical alingment of the bolt, bolt lugs, cocking ramp alignment, and primary extraction caming surface on the bolt.
Be careful not to allow someone machine or lap the bolt out of primary extraction.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
There is nothing "tamper resistant" about the new X Mark Pro trigger. One just has to know their way around the trigger. BTW, the new Remington trigger, when it's set up right, will stand with ANY aftermarket standard weight adjustable trigger. Again, you just have to know how to set it up.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some people never pass up an oppurtunity to trash Remington. The new trigger is better than the old trigger, when tuned properly.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two of them and they have been easier to adjust than the old ones.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
There is nothing "tamper resistant" about the new X Mark Pro trigger. One just has to know their way around the trigger. BTW, the new Remington trigger, when it's set up right, will stand with ANY aftermarket standard weight adjustable trigger. Again, you just have to know how to set it up.

Amen! I think the new ones are way ahead of the old ones.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THE issue with the old Remington trigger is that it was entirely too easy for some gun plumber to MISadjust the sear angagement wile attempting to lighten the pull (and reduce creep) so that an Accidential discharge wasn't only possible but likely.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote