New
Find
Notify
Tools

Que Rifle Tuner
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just purchased a Colt Light Rifle with a Que Rifle Tuner already installed.

This is a removable (not threaded) muzzle shroud that can be adjusted to optimize accuracy.

This particular model is the non-ported one (i.e. it is not a muzzle brake).

It was taken off the market after Browning sued (successfully) for patent infringment of the B.O.S.S. system.

Anyone played with one before?

I helped a friend adjust his BOSS before, so I am familiar with the steps involved for that system.

Thanks,
Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
If Browning sued and won it couldn't be that much different to tune than a B.O.S.S. could it?

I think FINE tune is the key word here. What I found with the one I played with is if the rifle doesn't shoot good without it, It's not going to shoot good with it.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Garrett,
They were made in Western Washington and they used an epoxy coated band that was glued on by applying heat. The weight was cranked in or out to find the sweet spot on the rifle. I was always tempted to try one but never did. They used to have a booth at the WAC (Western Arms Collector) shows in Puyallup Washington.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
N. Garrett:

If I recall correctly, Que settled with Browning and resumed manufacture of the brake. You can buy new ones from Brownells now.

Also Brownells Tech Service should be a good source of information regarding anything unusual about tuning one.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote