E. Arthur Brown Company,???????
 Login/Join

<gone hunting>
posted
how's their work rate?

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I have one of their rifles in .32 H&R mag that I am really happy with. The only complaint I have is that the trigger pull is too light but I failed to specify that it was a Field gun not a Target rifle. I take resposibility for that. Eben has offered to adjust it but I just can't let it go long enough to send it back. Workmanship was great. Fine little rifle.

-Mike

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I also have one of their rifles, in 6PPC. Great little rifle. Very accurate, great fun to shoot. Two days ago, a fly crawled up on the target stand. I shot it off...... (like'll ever be able to do THAT again.....).

Just be sure you don't look at it as anything more than a low pressure action. It won't do higher pressures. I know of two instances where the Redding dies did not match the chambers (my PPC and a Donaldson Wasp), so get a reamer spec and make sure.

The trigger is fantastic for a varmint rifle. Mine is set as heavy as possible, and it is really still too light. My wife had an A.D. with it while hunting antelope last year.

Ole Chainsaw who posts here has one for sale in 30/40...... Shoots bugholes. FWIW, Dutch.

P.S, last I heard delivery times are running 8 months or so, so don't get in a hurry......

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote