New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Trigger Job
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What do you guys know about a trigger job on an Encore? Bellams wants $80-$90 and EA Brown says they'll do one for $50. Any body else? Who do you recommend?

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhilly66:
What do you guys know about a trigger job on an Encore? Bellams wants $80-$90 and EA Brown says they'll do one for $50. Any body else? Who do you recommend?

I know Mike Bellm and have worked with him over the past 26 years and when it comes to anything T/C, he's the guy.

I just checked his website and it is currently down, but I believe he has an instructional CD that explains how to do the job. Keep checking at www.bellmtcs.com

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
malm,

My 'smith here says (all? of) TC's rifles have mim-technology (or some kind of sintered metal) triggers with surface hardening, down only 0.007". He believes stoning this surface will break through the hardening, allowing unhardened metal to bear on the sear, causing trouble later.

There does seem to be an occasional problem with stoned triggers on the TC Classic 22, according to www.rimfirecentral.com some months ago.

I'd be interested in your comments on this.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done a lot of Encore and T/C triggers and have never had a problem. Of course I don't take much, mainly polish with a little relief angle change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought an Encore frame used, the previous owner had SSK do the trigger. The receipt was with it and SSK charged $120.00 that included a new sear. It's a good trigger but $120 seems a little steep. If I get another I'd probably have Bellm do it or follow his advise on doing it myself.

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Bullberry did the work when I ordered a rifle for my daughter -- not sure if they do it as a separate item or what they charge. If you ask, call instead of emailing them.

I have heard many good things about Bellm but never used him.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BH66, here is the info from Bellms web site:
http://www.bellmtcs.com/Prod_and_Serv/EncoreCD.htm

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had one done by Stratton Customs. $50.00, very fast turn around time and great job.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have any contact info on Stratton Customs?

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote