New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Serengeti Hunter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is another new geometry. Elements of the Sako Hunter, the TRG, blended. The subtle palm swell feels better than you might believe. Ambidextrous. Now if those M1999 lefties would get here.

Shown is a 7mm Rem Mag stainless M1999 in matte gray FalconCoat.

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice addition Rod. Any progress on the Rhino yet?

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure glad you also offer "classic" style stocks !!!!

JMO

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod, what's the URL to the website? Couldn't Google it.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob, the web site is: www.serengetistockworks.com

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod-

That is handsome!!

Of all of your geometries, I believe that I like the Leopard the most; I really like that back swept grip area. Can you do a leopard with a shadowline cheek piece? Also, do you have the capability of doing a Leopard with an English cheek piece?

Lastly, could you supply a link to the folks that do the falconcoat process; sounds and looks interesting?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Personally, I don't like Monte Carlo, rollover comb stocks, but I will say yours is a beautiful rendition of the style.

I do like the sculpted cheek piece. Very nice.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I like the looks of the Merlin, with a shadow line cheekpiece. How would it handle the recoil of a 375 Ackley. Is the FalconCoat durable?

one of us
posted Hide Post
i know these stocks look very bad but they really feel good..i bought a custom rifle in a fajen aristocrat stock years ago and actually use it more than any other wood stock..lets see looks bad feels good you's a xxxxxx

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
30 Cal Mag Fan, I think Rod is off to the Shot Show, so it may be a while before he either sees your post, or has time to answer.

Quote:

Can you do a leopard with a shadowline cheek piece? Also, do you have the capability of doing a Leopard with an English cheek piece?

I'm 99.99% sure the answer to both those questions will be "yes".

Can't help with Falconcoat link, sorry.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

i know these stocks look very bad but they really feel good..i bought a custom rifle in a fajen aristocrat stock years ago and actually use it more than any other wood stock..lets see looks bad feels good you's a xxxxxx

Have to agree with Tom! American Classic is as good as they get for looks - those long straight lines. But IMHO American Classic stocks are wanting in the grip area, and other stock designs have an edge when it comes to functionality as opposed to shape.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote